I wish I weren't so poor; I wish I were a "Sugar-Sweet Candy Boy" lording over Ukrainian starvelings with high-end shades, slick little calfskin boots, and novels devoted to designer cologne. Then I feel my life would be complete.
I wish I weren't so poor; I wish I were in command of my own mind and not enthralled to a soulless, orchid-loving pill pusher who appears intent on keeping me trapped in the infernal mill of "Big Pharma" and managed care. Then I know my life would be complete, and completely mine again.
I wish I weren't I weren't so poor; I wish I could really buy the world a Coke and teach it how to sing--sing one note of such plaintive poignancy that God could not help but hear and restore us blind and backsliding subjects to grace once and for all. Then I feel my life would be complete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment