Eros . . . agape,
Pistolero's sarape--
Such Cobainesque rhyme
Needs Tecate and lime.
Shall I write of eld Druids,
Or bodily fluids?
Observations more mordant,
With slant-rhyme discordant?
I'm no poet, you see,
(Many much better than me),
But I live and I suffer.
Perhaps that's enough . . . (er?).
My prosodic wanking
Merits a spanking.
"Quit rhymes feminine;
Watch Benny Hinn!"
The comb-over 'vangelist
From outside Los Angeles?
With accent unplaceable
And assets untraceable?
"Salvation, you see,
Must be purchased, not free;
Certain words in the Bible
May be guilty of libel.
"'Cause the A. C. L. U.,
Folks of faith'll tell you,
Is but a Communist plan
To replace God with Man.
"Plus, must needs a prophet
Remain not-for-profit?"--
Ah, look at this breach
(What the French call rime riche).
Not strictly rime riche,
But as close as the beach
Is to the sea--
Homonyms, you see?
Shit! I did it again!
Time to lay down my pen
Before Poesy
Laments, "Woe is me!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment